|| Metallurgy and corrosion
Our modern, well-equipped laboratories have facilities for examining all metal building materials, in particular carbon steel, CrNi steel and copper building materials.
- light microscopy
- scanning electron microscopy
- quantitative image analysis
- ambulant metallography
- small applied load and micro-hardness
Examining cases of damage
including securing evidence and expert opinion, e.g. damage to components due to:
- forced rupture
- vibration rupture
- hydrogen embrittlement
- material fatigue
- construction, manufacturing, assembly and operating mistakes
- assessment of corrosion damage in construction and house building
- assessment of coating damage
- evaluation of state of corrosion in load-bearing components (also "stainless" steel) in indoor swimming pools
Macro surface finish in procedural testing to StE 690
Pipeline St 35.8: inter-crystalline cracks at the root, in and next to the WEZ
Tension crack corrosion, fracture area
We are accredited in accordance with DIN EN 45001 and certified to DIN EN ISO 9001.
Copyright © 2003-2018 by TÜV Rheinland AG - All rights reserved.
Last Updated: 17.02.2012
The TÜV Rheinland LGA Bautechnik GmbH tests and certifies, but the company itself is also certified. more