|| Natural Stone, Facades
Natural stone is a popular and versatile material used for facades, paths and squares, as well as in furniture. It is robust in use and available in almost any shape or colour. CE-marking, i.e. attestation of conformity (AoC) with the relevant European standards, is mandatory when placing natural stone and products made from it on the entire European Internal Market, so that this very wide range remains easy to grasp and safe in use.
We are the leading test institute in this field, with more than 30 years' experience of testing, expertise and consultancy in the field of natural stone, not least due to our participation in various standardization committees.
How we can help you:
- advice on CE-marking of natural stone and products made from it
- carrying out all tests required by European standards, e.g. Initial type test (ITT)
- advice on factory production control (FPC)
- testing to ASTM
- advice on use, laying, damage, possible stone for replacement (e.g. for monuments and memorials)
- chemical proof methods, e.g. for discolouring
- other test methods (e.g. for artificial stone, agglomerated stone), tests on request
- expertise and advice on the use of natural stone for solid structures
- structural engineering expertise of works of art in natural stone
- services for the German market, approvals for single case, European approvals and more
- structural engineering expertise, advice on protected structures and buildings
- a notified body
- official technical experts
- Certified acc. to DIN EN ISO 9001/14001
- Accredited acc. to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2000
Our goal is to give you expert, fast and com-prehensive solutions aimed at meeting your needs. Why not try out our services?
Some of our worldwide references:
- Zeidler & Wimmel
- Hofmann GmbH & Co.
- Xiamen Enter Bauma Import&Export Co., LTD
- Rox Products Int.
Glass, natural stone, concrete, metal or ceramics are used in the construction of a wide variety of facades. We have many years' experience of testing, supervising, appraising and certifying the materials, components and constructions used.
Do you want to build a new façade or have you one already? Are you well-briefed on the current regulations and requirements? Do you know what condition the facade is in? Are you aware of your statutory obligations where traffic safety is concerned? Is your building or facade subject to a preservation order? If you need to answer "no" to at least one question, or "yes" to the last, or if you don't feel confident about answering, then we are the right partner for you.
What we can offer you:
- testing the construction materials used
- expertise of the construction
- proposals for refurbishment (incl. energy saving measures, "energy passport")
- on-site monitoring
- scheduled monitoring of your facade
- proof of stability
- services approvals for the German market, ETAs for others
- services for approvals for anchoring systems
- for facade mapping
- Berlin Haus Friedrichstadt and former Allianz building
- Berlin offices of Hamburg-Mannheimer insurance, Kurfürstendamm
- Düsseldorf offices of Zürich Insurance
- Düsseldorf Stadtsparkasse
- Düsseldorf Handelsblatt
- Düsseldorf Kaufhof department store
- Essen head office of RWE Energy AG, tower block
- Frankfurt Due Diligence public service building
- Frankfurt offices of Hamburg-Mannheimer insurance
- Frankfurt residential/office buildings of Basel insurance
Other centre of competence services:
- CE marking of suspended ceilings, to DIN EN 13964
- CE marking of ceramic tiles, to DIN EN 14411
- CE marking of roofing tiles and bricks
- CE marking of concrete freestone products
- testing, expertise of concrete construction elements
- testing of construction products made of or with wood, e.g. composite panels, laminated wood
- consultancy, expertise of floor constructions, particularly industrial, e.g. for floors of high rack storage areas, but also other floor constructions
- acceptance procedures for existing structures
Copyright © 2003-2013 by LGA - All rights reserved.
Last Updated: 17.02.2012
The TÜV Rheinland LGA Bautechnik GmbH tests and certifies, but the company itself is also certified. more